Saturday, October 20, 2012

Crochet Baby Blanket

Pin It
I picked up crocheting a few years ago and have had so much fun trying to make new things.  I pretty much taught myself watching YouTube videos so you can learn too!!

I think it is more fun making stuff for sweet little babies than anything else and thankfully my friends keep giving me babies to crochet for :)

This is a blanket I made for our friends' baby boy due in February.
I made this pattern up as I went and I didn't measure how big it turned out, but below is the pattern.


Caron Simply Soft Yarn
2 skeins of each color in the main part of the blanket and 1 skein of the border color.
Size H crochet hook

Chain 100
Ch 2 and turn, HDC down the row
Repeat this 5 more times to make a 6 rows of the first color.
Change colors
Ch 2 and HDC down the row
Repeat this 5 more times to make a 6 rows of the second color
Repeat until you reach the size you like.  I had a total of 11 stripes.

After you have reached your desired width Ch 1 and slip stitch down the top row.

Change to your border color.  
Ch1 and SC all the way around.  
Place 3 SC in each corner 
Join
Ch1 and repeat 2 more times to make a total of 3 SC around the blanket.

To make the "M" 
Chain 40
Ch 2 and turn DC back down the row.

I then shaped M on the blanket and stitched it on using yarn.

(I have never "written" a pattern so if something doesn't make sense let me know and I'll explain!)

I'll try to get a better photo when I get a pic of it displayed in his room :)




No comments:

Post a Comment