Monday, October 22, 2012

Homemade Mustela Wipes

Pin It
I decided to try out making my daughter Cora's wipes when I found the recipe here on the blog Life and Times with the Ehingers. However, I chose to use Mustela wash instead of the Johnson's she used because I just love the smell and I love their natural products. What appealed to me in this recipe is that, unlike some wipe recipes on Pinterest, this one is super simple and requires minimal ingredients (some call for essential oils and I am not one to track down lots of ingredients that I don't normally keep on hand).

I also really like Mustela all-over baby wipes to use in between baths and they were nice when she was too little for a full bath while waiting for her umbilical cord to fall off. But those suckers are pricey! What's nice about my homemade wipes is that they can be used as head to toe wipes too, making them multipurpose and economical too!

Homemade Mustela Wipes:
1 tablespoon baby oil
1.5 - 2 tablespoon Mustela 2-in-1 body wash (or wash of your preference)
2 cups of water
1 roll of Bounty select a sheet paper towels (one roll makes 2 rolls of wipes)
BPA-free container with removable lid (I found one at Target in tupperware section)

Step 1: Cut roll of paper towels in half on a cutting board.

Step 2: Mix baby oil and wash.

Step 3: Add water, stir.
Step 4: Add roll of cut paper towels, put lid on container and turn upside down to absorb.
Step 5: Put right side up, remove cardboard center, this will make the wipes pop right up!

We have been using them for a couple of months now and love them! They are very absorbent, smell wonderful, and do not irritate our baby girl's skin.

2 comments:

  1. These baby wipes for new bodies are SO SUPERIOR to any store bought wipes - I was in shock and awe when I visited from Kentucky and got to change the babe! The fragrance of the wipes is w o n d e r f u l, unlike the babe at times :) No babe in this house, but I think I will make these wipes to keep on hand, for their strength and fragrance alone, to use on my OLD body.

    ReplyDelete